|TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE
|Copyright 1959 Topaz Productions
| Reviewed by Stefan Robak
on 6 December 2000
- Derek - An alien (An alien named Derek? Teeheehee!) rebel who is the son of an alien overlord or something. Wants to save the Earth and does, but also blows himself up. I don't think he's really a teenager.
- Betty Morgan - The love interest whose dog gets killed by aliens. I don't think she's a teenager either.
- Thor - No, not the Norse God of Thunder. A pushy (and probably non-teenage) alien who asks a lot of questions that don't even forward the plot (like asking how a car works. Isn't your technology more advanced or something?)
- Grandpa - An old guy who lives with Betty.
- Joe Rogers - It must be sad to be a man with that bland a name. A reporter and friend to Betty.
- Townspeople - Too helpful for their own good.
- Aliens - Guys in dumb looking jumpsuits who, to the best of my knowledge, are probably having a revolution by now since their leader is blown up.
- The Gargon - A giant lobster! It kills a lot of people and manages to look really silly.
|This movie has too many nice people. The town that's getting invaded is filled with nothing but nice people that help you out. It's a shame that so many get hit with a ray that turns things to skeletons. The plot is about an alien invasion by aliens in jump suits who want to use Earth as a breeding ground for Gargons: lobsters that grow! But the young rebel alien Derek *snicker* hates this idea and runs away so Thor is in hot pursuit with a disintegration ray. Thor goes about doing this by asking people to do things for him (which everyone does cause they either realize he can kill them or because, like everyone who isn't an alien, is helpful and kind), then asking them a lot of questions, then blasting them.
Well, Derek starts staying in a room for rent at the house of Betty Morgan, the girl whose dog was killed by Thor (Thor likes to kill, probably cause he's an alien). Anyway, Derek and Betty start wandering around the town, as does Thor, only Thor is a little more murderous with his sightseeing. Thor eventually ends up in the hospital after a nasty car wreck, but now the Gargon that was left on Earth has started to grow and kill. Now Derek has to take care of that. So he does, eventually. Then he kills the alien leader who is visiting the planet. I'd explain it in detail so you'd know what's happening, but it's a real waste of all of our time. Trust me, this movie has to be seen by all B-Movie fans!
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Lobsters scream.
- It can get pretty bright at night.
- A movie that's written, produced, and directed by the main character is B-Movie material.
- People in small towns are extremely helpful.
- You can hotwire a disintegration ray with telephone wires.
- The guy in charge of a town's electricity will turn off the power if you ask him.
- In the 50's, even the least qualified were allowed to drive.
- Derek is a popular alien name. If you know someone named Derek, consider him hostile.
- Aliens use the same helmets worn by jet fighter pilots in the air force.
- 1 min - Geez, pal. You only "thought" you saw a UFO. No need to go on a huge existentialist rant.
- 9 mins - Aliens are harvesting space lobsters?
- 15 mins - Hey Derek, quit scaring the children.
- 24 mins - He said he never drove a car before, why do you still want him to drive?
- 29 mins - She's taking the death of her dog rather well.
- 39 mins - Guess grandpa ain't the master of stealth he thought he was.
- 51 mins - This guy is really out of it.
- 58 mins - She jumped out of the car in fast forward?
- 61 mins - If they can't film in the dark, why don't they admit it's day instead of lying about it.
- 64 mins - Beware the shrieking lobster of death!
- 71 mins - "I canna do it Captain, we don't have the power!" *giggle*
- 84 mins - Bold sacrifice my ass. He probably just didn't want to pay rent on his room.
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Derek: "Wait Captain, I have found evidence of intelligent beings on this planet." |
Thor: "Of what concern are foreign beings?"
Derek: "Of none to you Thor!"
||Derek and the Captain arguing about public health care.
||Policeman: "Another call Mack. Joe Rogers, reporter on the Daily News. He's on the way over, found another skeleton. Only this time at the bottom of a swimming pool."
||Nurse: "What do you mean?" |
Policeman: "Back in the cave, where he shot at me, some kind of man eating monster! Poor Mack, the guy I was with, I could hear the thing tearing him apart. He was dead in a few seconds."
Nurse: "Oh, how horrible."
||Derek: "You make me angry, but I like you very much."
||Betty: "Is there any way to generate more power? We've got to have more!"
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Thor is having a field day with his disintegration weapon, turning people into classroom teaching aids left and right. Let's be reasonable here, the skeletons all have obvious screws holding them together and even a built in hook on top the skull.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |