|Copyright 1993 Home Box Office
| Reviewed by James Hepler
on 'a long time ago'|
- Max - Mario Van Peebles! General badass, has a patent pending on a two-guns-firing-randomly death leap.
- Garou - Bruce Payne! Vicious, murderous hypocrite and the lead werewolf. Drinks a silver nitrate cocktail.
- Casey - Blonde alpha female (yep, they have the pack structure) who falls for Max. Breaks her back.
- Jimmy - Max's partner. After almost dying, he is turned into a werewolf. Decides being invincible and able to leap 20 feet sucks, and puts a silver bullet in his head.
|This one centers on (all together now!): Vigilante Werewolf Cops! Mario Van Peebles (playing Max), star of many mid budget movies, is a cop drawn into a circle of werewolves. His partner is shot a few times in the chest, but given a shot to transform himself into a werewolf. But oh no, these are not classical werewolves: they take a drug to transform, and they just get ugly and grow claws like the X-Men's Wolverine. Garou leads them (Garou, by the way, is part of a less common way to say werewolf.), and his brain produces that very drug (yuck!). Alas, his partner kills himself for an unknown reason and Max is fingered to replace him. At first, all is semi-well and they deal death to a large assortment of stereotypical mobsters and other criminal types. Unfortunately, all is not what it seems and just about everyone dies. Full Eclipse is great half way into it. At that point, there are zero action scenes for the rest and everything is over stylized so much it's silly. If your willing to enjoy the violence and action in the first half, and laugh at the stupid majority in the second, Full Eclipse is a masterpiece. It also has Bruce Payne in it as the villain, Garou, and as always it's a delightful performance.|
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- It's possible for a made-for-cable movie to have a sex scene without gratuitous female nudity.
- It is not wise to blow up a team of werewolves.
- Werewolves make cat noises at random in combat.
- It's acceptable to kill cops if you kill enough criminals to make up for it.
- Werewolves survive hundreds of bullet hits and explosions, but getting bitten kills them instantly.
- You should always wipe the blood of your lips before making a big mission statement; otherwise you look silly.
- 3 mins - Jimmy is a dork!
- 9 mins - Poor Jimmy, 4 new holes!
- 18 mins - Duck! Flying werewolf!
- 33 mins - Uh oh, pro-vigilante rants!
- 38 mins - Damn, I guess werewolves do make good vigilantes!
- 47 mins - Proof that ANY scene can be over stylized.
- 52 mins - Wow, he bled about 3 gallons of blood in 10 seconds.
- 65 mins - Garou is such a party pooper! Sheesh.
- 83 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A POLICE OFFICER!
- 94 mins - Oooooh... ...what a great almost-cliffhanger ending!
- Max: "Man, he was ready to pack it in, get married, everything. Goes into the hospital, comes back out, acting like Dirty Harry on crack!"
- Max: "Ya know what, I think I'm gonna have to just say no."
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Max: "There's been more than one cop had his partner blown into ICU and came out acting like one of the bionic X-Men?"
||Max: "So what, I get in the club now or I gotta f**k a cadaver or something?"
||Kid: "You? Are gonna bust them?" |
Max: "That was her idea."
Kid: "You wanna leave me your keys?"
||Garou: "Someone's been bad..."
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |