|Copyright 1995 P.G. Entertainment Ltd.
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Griffin - Journalist who saw the Sleepstalker kill his parents seventeen years ago. Turned into a shishkebab.
- Megan - Griffin's photographer and good friend, seems she wouldn't mind getting down with him.
- The Preacher - Worshipper of Satan, has these weird albino pupils. Helped create the Sleepstalker.
- Dog Sanchez - Gang leader who is also a poet, shows up for some reason at the wrong moment and is sanded to death.
- Detective Worth - Man who captured the Sleepstalker when he was just a human. Doesn't do so well this time around, goes to the giant doughnut house in the sky.
- Kenny and Dana - Two bit part actors, he is Griffin's roomie and she's just some idiot chick who thinks her past life was Joan of Arc. Very dead bit part actors may I add.
- Mom and Dad - Griffin's that is. Not for long though, the Sleepstalker gets them.
- The Desert Eagle - .50 caliber pistol, it plays a larger roll than most of the actors. Which isn't saying much.
- The Sleepstalker - Actually Griffin's brother, he is killed in the gas chamber. Resurrected as a demon of sand he must kill his brother or face eternal torment.
|Film about a demented murderer who pours sand in his victims eyes. After he is gassed for those crimes he comes back as a spirit made of sand. Throw in some decent special effects, you're still golden. What can possibly go wrong? The casting. Not for the Sleepstalker, all you have to find is one spooky guy, it's the rest of these people who screwed the pooch. (Tired pooch.)
Seventeen years ago the Sleepstalker, then the Sandman, slaughtered several families. He only killed ones with a seven year old son and poured sand in his victims eyes. Killed Griffin's parents too, the police arrive in time to save the boy though.
Now, almost two decades later, the madman is going to get the gas chamber. Griffin is a journalist, covering Los Angeles' gang scene with Megan. That's how he meets Dog, why they become fast friends is beyond me. Well, somebody had to give him the Desert Eagle. Why in the heck does every director decide that "pistol" in the script equates to a hand cannon? Do you have any idea how large a handgun that is? Plus they're expensive, needless to say - gang members don't go wandering around with them.
The Preacher visits his wayward son and performs a rite which will bring him back as the Sleepstalker after the execution. Within three days he must kill Griffin, so pretty soon people are dying. Nice thing is that Griffin doesn't get away, he dies! Still manages one last travesty of acting in his death scene, rolling eyes back and letting out a terrible gurgle. So it's left up to Megan, she lures the spirit into an incinerator somehow. Hey, the bad guy is NOT ALLOWED to survive, only summoned again somehow for the sequel.
Overall this movie did okay at times. The score was fine, consisted of one song, but a fitting song I tell you.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- The police always show up in time to save you, but not mom or dad.
- Never let satanic high priests visit mass murderers.
- Poison gas really clears your sinuses.
- Sandmen leave neat trails of sand behind them, or footprints made of sand.
- Residents of Los Angeles often die from getting sand in their eyes and walking off rooftops.
- A .50 caliber handgun has little recoil.
- When you are made of sand, avoid water.
- Cops are not intelligent enough to stay out of buildings being fumigated for roaches.
- When someone dismisses the gun you're holding as being powerless shoot his ass in the knee.
- Molotov cocktails burn hot enough to transform sand into glass.
- Smashing anything glass against a hard object will produce a perfect spear, seemingly whittled many times.
- 6 mins - Why is grandma a retard?
- 22 mins - Dana, you're not pretty enough to act like that and expect men to date you.
- 28 mins - Megan, professional photographer that you are, how about a flash? It's night...
- 38 mins - Kenny, fight back! Do something besides gurgle.
- 49 mins - Do you have any idea how much that pistol would kick?
- 53 mins - Acting!
- 55 mins - We just watched the sun go down, but it's obviously daylight by looking at the shaded window.
- 70 mins - Exactly Megan! Go tell the cops that! Come on girl! Come on, tell the cops!
- 76 mins - Where did Dog's sunglasses go?
- 78 mins - Two hands on the pistol, now one hand on the pistol, now two... ...it all depends what angle we're at huh?
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Griffin: "The sand Megan, the sand, Kenny had sand in his eyes!" |
Megan: "Griffin, would you listen to yourself."
Griffin: "It's the same thing that happened to my parents!"
||Crazy Woman: "I'm not afraid because I'm crazy. God protects the crazy."
||Griffin: "Look, I already told you: he didn't die in the gas chamber; okay, he's out there!" |
Detective: "And he's made of sand..."
||Sleepstalker: "I hear your screams. I hear all the children's screams."
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|I'm surprised that people even carry firearms in the strange alternate universe where b-movies occur. You'd think they would adapt and start carrying around flamethrowers or fire extinguishers.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |