|Copyright 1974 CIE Productions
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Dolemite - Rudy Ray Moore! He's big, he's mean, he's a lover and a fighter. He's not really a good guy, but he's better than the bad guys, he's Dolemite!
- Queen Bee - Dolemite's madam, she has been running, er, business while he was in prison.
- One Dozen Kung Fu Hookers - Dolemite's girls, put through training by Queen Bee to make them a lethal force.
- The Reverend - Minister with some general celibacy issues.
- Blakeley - FBI agent who wants to help Dolemite.
- Mitchell and White - Pair of corrupt FBI officers, both of them look like used car salesmen.
- The Creeper - Odd little drug addict who hangs around hamburger stands. Gunned down by Willie Green's men.
- Willie Green - The nemesis of any respectable prostitution ring and Dolemite's rival, takes a fall.
- Willie Green's Men - A bunch of thugs and bouncers, no match for Dolemite and his Kung Fu Hookers.
|Any movie which makes me take notice of the language is an eye opener to start with. When it involves a very large jiving man who commands an army of hookers trained in martial arts I get excited. Hence we have this piece of work. Dolemite was set up by Mitchell and White (Who take their orders from the Mayor, who has a business relationship with Willie Green.) on drug and theft charges. When the prison warden notices crime is still skyrocketing he makes Dolemite a deal, clean up the streets and you're a free man. ("Hey boss, we imprisoned this guy, but the crime rate is going up. Obviously he wasn't the problem, guess we should let him out...") What follows is chaos, crazy fight scenes, gratuitous sex, and some amazingly funny dialog. One of the first things accomplished is getting Dolemite's nightclub back from Willie Green, which is neatly taken care of by a secret compartment full of cash under the floor. (Queen Bee had to give up the club for borrowing money.) Willie is not very happy with losing his cash cow, when he shows up with a small army of henchmen to shut the club down all heck breaks loose. I love the martial arts touch, nobody just throws punches, have you ever seen a girl wearing polyester bell bottoms use Ti Kwan Leep on someone? Good stuff, I assure you. On top of all this you have our title character's wardrobe, any man confident enough to wear those has to be tough. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- The FBI does not require search warrants.
- Never ask some girl, who is holding a switchblade, to help you.
- Hookers are prone to mood swings.
- Poetic street dissertations are a valid form of ID.
- Bad edits really can ruin a sex scene.
- Hookers are all blackbelts.
- Compound interest sucks.
- I really don't need to see some fat guy naked, especially from the rear.
- It takes less than ten seconds to strangle someone.
- Shooting with two pistols is much easier if you are bowlegged.
- 4 mins - Somebody was paid to choreograph this fight scene?
- 11 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 13 mins - Where did all the dead guys go?
- 16 mins - I want a red velour couch!
- 19 mins - That's quite a massage, hey, what sort of place is this anyway?
- 19 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 21 mins - Oops, boom mike...
- 40 mins - Now that is one big woman.
- 41 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST DOMINOS!
- 44 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 66 mins - Enough of this dance scene, please?
- 77 mins - Good towel, good towel...stay...
- Ending Credits - Special thanks to: Mr. Fat Burger and The Geisha House of Beautiful Women.
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Queen Bee: "Me and these girls had to sell p***y on the God damn corner trying to save your black ass. We almost lost this house."
||Dude: "By the way, who are you waiting for anyway?" |
Girl: "I'm waiting for Dolemite!"
Dude: "For who?"
Dolemite: "Dolemite motherf***er, you heard her."
||Dolemite: "I'm going to let 'em know that Dolemite is my name and f***ing up motherf***er's is my game!"
||Dolemite: "You rat soup eating honky motherf***er!"
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #25. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Scott Mardis
"Dolemite" is one of my all time favorite movies and gets my vote for best blaxploitation movie ever made!Rudy Ray Moore has an electrifying screen presence and the in-your-face street level atmosphere keeps you glued from start to finish.Anyone that doesn't like this film has no grasp on the real Black experience during the 70's,which were heady times for everyone.This film is an excellent rebuttal to the castrated,politically correct times we live in.Dolemite is the ultimate Ghetto hero.No offense to Shaft,Superfly or Black Caesar,but this movie is as lowdown and funky as it gets!Truly an underrated classic.The sequel,"The Human Tornado", is almost as good and is a must-see,as well.
Reply #26. Posted on February 15, 2002, 11:03:00 AM by Scott
Please do not take this movie too seriously.
Reply #27. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by chi
First of all, this site is excellent! And just when I thought I've seen every bad movie ever made, I discover that I somehow missed DOLEMITE!!! This movie is the "Stairway To Heaven" of bad movies. I laughed until tears rolled down my face during several scenes. Things I learned:
-It's easy to post bail for triple homicide and heroin possesion.
-If boiling water doesn't do the trick, then just apply direct flame.
Reply #28. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by joe
If you only saw the boom mike once, you weren't paying much attention. This is the first movie ever where the boom mike asked for third billing, and SAG actually granted the challenge.
Reply #29. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Dolemite Fan
This movie was so good it made me cry. Thanks for the great
review, it was the review that made me buy this movie and
watch it three times without having a dull moment. BTW,
I also made many of my friends and guests watch it. Those
with taste and class remained my friends, and it was good
riddance for those who didn't have the brains to appreciate
it. I also ended up buying "The Human Tornado" and "Disco Godfather". THD definitely surpasses the high standards set
by Dolemite, and in my not-so-humble opinion represents
the creme-de-la-creme of the 70s culture. The only unfortunate part is that after the movie, your life can only go downhill.
Reply #30. Posted on September 05, 2004, 07:05:59 PM by
Finally, proof of another dimension to this universe: The Rudy Ray Moore Continuum, where you require a black belt in karate to be a prostitutes in L.A., street jive is preferred over a drivers license for I.D. and hamburger pimps are roving our streets to get their next meals (without fries, though) The HUMAN TORNADOE is equally great as well.
Reply #31. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by
I like in the Human Tornado when he says "Move over muthaf****... and don't say a f***in' word!".... and taking Willie Greens guts out with his hand in Dolemite I
Reply #32. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Jeff
Dolemite, and The Human Tornado are two of the funniest movies I've ever seen!
|Pages: 1 2 3  5 |