|BIG BAD MAMA
|Copyright 1976 Hit Woman Productions
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 30 March 2000
- Wilma - Angie Dickinson is Big Bad Mama herself! She might have been raised in poverty, but this worldly lady knows how to hold up a bank. Unfortunately she doesn't know how to duck.
- Fred Diller - Tom Skerritt! Expert shot and bank robber who falls in love with Wilma, riddled with bullets as he heroically covers the getaway.
- William Baxter - William Shatner! Gambler with good horse sense, but all this armed robbery makes him nervous. Gunned down by Fred for ratting to the cops.
- Billy Jean - Wilma's daughter, a pretty little blonde who probably ended up dying of lung cancer.
- Polly - Wilma's innocent daughter, well until Fred gets done with her, she has quite a grin.
- The Preacher - Con artist who finds out he is no match for Wilma.
- Bonney and Dodds - The first is Dick Miller! Pretty much keystone cops, except they are FBI agents.
- Jane Kingston - Rich little brat. Kidnapped and held for ransom.
- Uncle Barney - Lecherous old bootlegger who is kin to Wilma, proves to be a good bullet stop.
|Try imagining "Bonny and Clyde," except you have to add in two lolita daughters and William Shatner. (Got all that?) What starts out as a simple wedding between Polly and some goofy kid soon blossoms into a roller coaster ride of bullets, bank robbing, and naked women. Mama's goals go from selling bootleg whiskey to kidnapping a millionaire's daughter, with a few minor acts of armed robbery in between. The moonshine business was not working out very well anyway, Polly is caught partially dressed with the deputy's son and it takes all their cash to buy off the sheriff. After Mama meets up with Diller and Baxter you have a very untidy love triangle going on, though it could be any number of shapes after Fred starts having threesomes with Billy Jean and Polly. Almost makes you wonder if Tom Skerritt helped to write the script, or at least a few small sections. I would have changed one part of that document myself, the section where we see far more of Shatner than any balanced human can be comfortable with. (Ewwwwww.) At one point Baxter threatens to duke it out with Diller over the woman and points of contest in general, the bank robber just waves a large caliber revolver in response. Still, the movie is interesting and the effects are good, one of the few films produced by Roger Corman that could appeal to "normal" people.|
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Girls on their way to get married shouldn't still be interested in dolls.
- Fat women are like turtles, helpless if knocked onto their back.
- Sometimes throwing a preacher out of a moving car is the right thing to do.
- Never annoy some guy holding a Thompson. (A tommy gun.)
- You don't want to see Shatner in a hot love scene.
- It's okay to sleep with your sister's boyfriend, just do not get pregnant.
- Never trust a girl giving away free doughnuts.
- Rich people suck at poker.
- Angie Dickinson is not a natural blonde.
- 3 mins - Now here are some fine examples of humanity.
- 6 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 10 mins - You should bury him deeper than that, a dog is going to dig him up.
- 14 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 22 mins - Now that is talent...
- 34 mins - Tom is pretty fleet of foot after taking a bullet in the leg.
- 48 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 51 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 54 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST ORANGES!
- 60 mins - She is not an alien with blue skin, you aren't getting any.
- 67 mins - Maybe you should use some of that money to pay for golf lessons.
- 78 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- Jane: "Didn't anybody ever tell you, money isn't everything?"
Wilma: "Only people like you, with a guaranteed income."
- Wilma: "You're a cowardly, no good, son of a bitch!"
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Billy Jean: "I'm gonna marry a rich man mama and then hope he dies and I get his money." |
Wilma: "Keep your legs together Billy Jean and shut up. I'll tell you when to get married."
||Preacher: "If the bank forecloses on your little home, give thanks, praise God, hallelujah!"
||Wilma: "What the hell are you doing in my car?" |
Fred: "What the hell you doing robbing my bank lady?"
||Billy Jean: "Damn you Polly! I share Diller with you and you get knocked up!"
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |