|Copyright 1993 Pacific Trust
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Doc - Alcoholic ex-doctor, now night watchman for a construction project. Shot to death by the military.
- Thrush - Blonde girl and part of a Greenpeace-like organization trying to stop construction. Also killed by the military.
- Dr. Tiptree - Genetic scientist who wishes to resurrect the dinosaurs. Dies giving live birth to a dinosaur.
- Sheriff Fowler - Only man that wears a cowboy hat in the movie, get's a claw through his gut.
- Fallon - Heads the government's "Secret Projects" branch.
- Jesse - Manager of the poultry plant Dr. Tiptree is working at, she feeds him to the momma dinosaur.
- The Carnosaurs - Dinosaurs created from chickens by genetic engineering who can infect women, making them give birth to more Carnosaurs.
|The world's leading expert in biological warfare working for a poultry company? Does this sound like Perdue meets Saddam Hussein to you? Roger Corman, bringing funky bad movies to the screen before I was even an egg, scores again! Doc is doing a poor job of night security for a construction company and falls in love with Thrush, who is one of the eco-vandals! Their torrid love affair is disrupted by the plague Tiptree has bred into chicken eggs, she wants to repopulate the earth with dinosaurs and has created a virus to do it. Okay all done with the giggles? Good. Women infected give birth to dinosaurs! Right back to giggles... ...well, once you get composed. Along with scenes of puppet dinosaurs eating people there is this spooky footage of chickens, ever watch chickens feeding in low light - eerie. Doc is all set to save the day after locating a serum and killing mama dinosaur when the military arrives. Everybody gets a bullet then flamethrowers come into action, burning up Doc, Thrush, and the serum. Plenty of fun stuff in a movie when dinosaurs bite the legs off Barbie Dolls (I think it was a Barbie leg) and some funny plot goofs. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Secret government agencies can never afford decent lighting.
- A room full of monitors covering chickens is really spooky... ...no man, I mean it...
- People allergic to chickens work at poultry farms.
- Constant subtitles telling you location, time, infected cells, ect... are very annoying.
- Do not feed a Senator blueberries coated in goat embryonic fluid.
- Chaining yourself to heavy equipment when dinosaurs are around is a bad idea.
- A military containment team will shoot all plague victims then photograph them.
- Genetically engineered Carnosaurs have a 65 million year-old race memory?
- Never stand directly over a wounded Carnosaur.
- If you are going to duel a Dinosaur use the very large construction equipment vice the very small Bobcat tractor.
- 10 mins - The only item on this table is two cans of coke? Um, well, who sponsored this again?
- 11 mins - He turns his head to sneeze directly on the other guy?
- 12 mins - There is no way that egg came out of a chicken.
- 43 mins - This is a girl being pulled by the Carnosaur, but for about four frames you can see it's a hand pulling her foot. Also, where did all the blood on her face go?
- 52 mins - You know... ...if I found chicken eggs full of black sludge I'd be worried.
- 58 mins - What do you mean she's in labor? Wait, now she's dead! And she gave birth to an egg!
- 66 mins - Enough of the mad scientist's 20-minute soliloquy, shoot her ass.
- 71 mins - What is this? In case of virus break glass?
- Fallon: "It's all done with a little scientific magic. You see, each little blueberry is coated with a thin layer of goat embryonic fluid.
Senator: *Spitting sounds*
Fallon: Get the Senator some water!"
- Waitress: "You been watching too many of them Italian zombie flicks."
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Security Guard: "Any extraneous organic matter, what the hell is extraneous organic matter?" |
Other Security Guard: "That's my wife you're talking about, strangely orgasmic matter."
||Poultry Plant Employee: "I've never seen such nervous chickens."
||Fallon: "There's nothing new in either a turnip or a cow, and either can be marketed and sold without being tested. So why should a few cows with a little tiny piece of DNA material from a turnip be any different?"
||Fallon's Assistant: "Well, either that or the animal that attacked him...was a chicken."
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|I strongly urge you to watch this jaw-dropping scene. Not only can you see the man's hand who is pulling the girl's leg, but then you get to watch the amazing disappearing blood on her face.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |