Main Menu

Movies you paid way too much for on DVD or BluRay?

Started by Trevor, September 20, 2024, 06:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I bought a DVD copy of Alone In The Dark about ten years ago and paid ZAR30 (about $3.00) for it. I think I paid ZAR29.99 too much for it.  :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

RCMerchant

I haven't bought a physical movie in years. Why? I can see most everything without buying it via TV nowadays.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

bob

about $100 for the rare and out of print Criterion Collection version of Ran
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Trevor

Quote from: bob on September 20, 2024, 07:25:30 AMabout $100 for the rare and out of print Criterion Collection version of Ran

That's ZAR1740 for that. ☺️

M.10rda

No DVD or Blu-Ray is coming to mind, but VHS bootlegs back in the day, oy. I dropped either $75 or $100 on SATANTANGO in the early 00s. Now I'm not saying a fuzzy dup of SATANTANGO isn't worth a Benjamin, but I could DL a better pirated digi-file today for $0.00 and could be putting that hundred towards my mortgage....... sucks to be a geek w/ OCD.

zombie no.one

Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

Trevor

Quote from: zombie no.one on September 20, 2024, 06:46:22 PM£1 for CONVOY on DVD... fleeced

Aww, negatory, Pig Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck on the side. We gone bye bye 😉🦆

zombie no.one

Quote from: Trevor on September 20, 2024, 08:03:11 PM
Quote from: zombie no.one on September 20, 2024, 06:46:22 PM£1 for CONVOY on DVD... fleeced

Aww, negatory, Pig Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck on the side. We gone bye bye 😉🦆

Roger Roger, Clearance Clarence  :smile:
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

Trevor

Quote from: zombie no.one on September 26, 2024, 02:51:48 PM
Quote from: Trevor on September 20, 2024, 08:03:11 PM

Roger Roger, Clearance Clarence  :smile:

😂😂🐢