Main Menu

Halloween movie ranking list

Started by chainsaw midget, September 09, 2024, 11:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chainsaw midget

Halloween Movie Ranking Chart

10 - Ultimate Halloween Experience

Description: This movie is the epitome of Halloween. Every scene, character, and plot twist screams Halloween. By the end, you'll be in full costume, surrounded by candy, in a creepy haunted house and wondering how you got there.
    Examples: Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Trick 'r Treat

9 - Almost Perfectly Halloween

Description: Nearly every element of this movie is drenched in Halloween spirit. It might be missing just one tiny thing to make it perfect.
    Examples: Halloween (1978), Halloweentown, Coraline

8 - Very Halloween

Description: This movie has a strong Halloween vibe with lots of spooky elements, costumes, and decorations, but it might not be entirely focused on Halloween.
    Examples: Beetlejuice, The Addams Family, Casper

7 - Halloween Atmosphere

Description: The movie has a good amount of Halloween elements, like costumes and spooky settings, but it might not be central to the plot.
    Examples: Edward Scissorhands, Ghostbusters, Monster House

6 - Halloween Adjacent

Description: There are noticeable Halloween themes and scenes, but the movie isn't primarily about Halloween.
    Examples: Gremlins, The Witches, ParaNorman

5 - Some Halloween Elements

Description: The movie includes some Halloween scenes or themes, but they are not the main focus.
    Examples: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, The Sixth Sense

4 - Slightly Spooky

Description: There are a few spooky or Halloween-like elements, but they are minimal.
    Examples: The Goonies, Jumanji, Labyrinth

3 - Barely Halloween

Description: The movie might have a scene or two that could be considered Halloween-ish, but it's not a Halloween movie.
    Examples: Twilight, The Princess and the Frog, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

2 - Almost No Halloween

Description: There's a very slight nod to Halloween, like a character wearing black or a brief mention of the holiday.
    Examples: Men in Black, The Matrix, Batman Begins

1 - Not Halloween at All

Description: This movie has virtually no connection to Halloween.
    Examples: The Godfather, Titanic, Forrest Gump

What do you think?  Good?  Bad?

Rev. Powell

Good idea (and great examples). I see some questionable (to me) choices of extremely generic horror (or even fantasy) movies on some Halloween viewing lists. I'd like most of my viewings to be in your 10 or 9 range, with nothing below a 6.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

claws

Sleepy Hollow (1999) and Dark Shadows (2012) would be a 10 I guess. Also, Frankenweenie (2012) maybe a 9?
Is it October yet?

RCMerchant

I don't like ANY of those films listed, besides HALLOWEEN (1978).
And as far as a Halloween movie goes, that's about the best.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant