Main Menu

What was the first movie you ever seen in a theater?

Started by RCMerchant, August 27, 2024, 01:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claws

The Last Man on Earth (1964)

Not during its original theatrical run but years later. Apparently I slept through most of it, but I do remember waking up at times and being scared.

Let's Scare Jessica to Death (1971)

Saw most of it, but the ending was too intense, so we had to leave the theater. Finally saw the ending a few years later on video.
Is it October yet?

zombie no.one

Quote from: claws on August 29, 2024, 02:09:33 PMLet's Scare Jessica to Death (1971)

Saw most of it, but the ending was too intense, so we had to leave the theater. Finally saw the ending a few years later on video.

another one I only just got round to seeing... yeah not surprised you left...think I would've been majorly traumatised seeing it as a kid! it's creepy in a way I don't think any film in 2024 could achieve even if it wanted.
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

chainsaw midget

The first movie I ever saw in a theater was the Robin Williams Peter Pan movie HOOK

It was actually supposed to be a trip for a group of Boy Scouts I was in (about maybe five or six of us) to go to this spaghetti restaurant, but it ended up being closed when we got there so we had to figure out something else to do.  We ended up going to a theater nearby. 

I had seen a bunch of movies at the Drive Through in my town (I couldn't tell you all which ones, but I do remember Ghostbusters II and the first Burton Batman movie) but this was my first time in an actual theater.

Dr. Whom

Some Disney, probably either Snow White or Pinocchio. Way back when I was very young, there were several small cinemas. One of them regularly showed Disney movies and I remember my grandparents taking me.
"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.

zombie no.one

Quote from: RCMerchant on August 29, 2024, 06:43:37 PM^ I love that movie!

'tis very good , with a great lead performance free from typical hollywood style ego and vanity... an example of someone totally giving themself to a role
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

HappyGilmore

First two I remember seeing were 'All Dogs Go to Heaven', 1989. I was 5.

Second being Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the 1990 live action version.
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Trevor

Quote from: HappyGilmore on October 05, 2024, 07:18:39 AMFirst two I remember seeing were 'All Dogs Go to Heaven', 1989. I was 5.

Second being Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the 1990 live action version.

I hope you're doing well and getting better, Brother Happy ☺️😊🐢🇿🇦
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Archivist

The first movie I recall seeing in the theatre was Fantasia, and I only vaguely recall parts of it, including Mickey with the water buckets, and the sense of a stunning orchestral score. IIRC, it was preceded by a Disney cartoon short about aliens abducting women?? Does anyone know what that was?

I was five when I saw Star Wars. Blew my little kid mind, as I've written here a few times.

I'm quite sure I saw The Rescuers (1977) in the cinema, and The Smurfs and the Magic Flute (1976).
"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus

Jim H

It's probably not the first, but my earliest memory is Oliver & Company.  I'd have been 5, and this was probably at a theatre in Livonia, Michigan.  I can remember my feet didn't touch the ground, the floor was sticky, and someone left a bucket of fried chicken on the floor.  Still had a blast though, and the movie still holds a place in my heart.