Main Menu

What's your favorite food type?

Started by RCMerchant, June 21, 2024, 09:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMerchant

:question:

Like Italian, Southern, Mexican, Polish (mine is Polish!)- you know. Steak? On the grill?  :question:
I ate a lot of Mexican food at the factory. Lots of migrant workers worked there. Made the best food in the world. OK! Mexican food is my favorite!
Wait- this old Russian woman, Moytka, (my freind Nick used to plow her fields) made goat cheese in her woodstove oven! And real kick ass home made wine. And pierogis-dam.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Alex

Northern Europea (The northern European diet generally consists of a large serving of meat, poultry, or fish, accompanied by small side dishes of vegetables and starch. The traditional diet is high in protein , primarily from meat and dairy products). Steaks from an Aberdeen Angus are a particular favourite especially when served with mushrooms and onions.
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

Rev. Powell

Favorite ethnic foods in approximate order: Mexican, Italian, Creole/Cajun, Indian, Mediterranean, French, Middle American (i.e. hamburgers, American-style pizza), Japanese/sushi, Thai, Chinese (well, Americanized Chinese, I have little experience with authentic). Prefer high levels of spice. Just ate Venezuelan for the first time yesterday, it was good but much milder than Mexican.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Trevor

All the local food I can eat: my special sister (a vegan) always asks me to try to cut down on red meat so I do.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

RCMerchant

Quote from: Trevor on June 21, 2024, 10:56:23 AMAll the local food I can eat: my special sister (a vegan) always asks me to try to cut down on red meat so I do.

I couldn't live without red meat. I'd kill a cow if I had to.  :smile:
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Alex

I had a vegan preaching at me earlier on today about how someone would take a parrot to the vets but they'd still eat at KFC. I ended up reminding him that he hadn't been bothered at all about the Saudi's use of slave labour and mistreatment of migrent workers when it came to the last world cup.
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

Trevor

Quote from: RCMerchant on June 21, 2024, 11:38:42 AM
Quote from: Trevor on June 21, 2024, 10:56:23 AMAll the local food I can eat: my special sister (a vegan) always asks me to try to cut down on red meat so I do.

I couldn't live without red meat. I'd kill a cow if I had to.  :smile:

😁😁 My sister will no doubt be contacting you soon. 😉

Leah

I like southern foods, Mexican, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Italian, German, Spanish, Moroccan, and a lot other. I like food, and I like cooking/baking it.
yeah no.

Trevor

Quote from: Alex on June 21, 2024, 11:42:56 AMI ended up reminding him that he hadn't been bothered at all about the Saudi's use of slave labour and mistreatment of migrent workers when it came to the last world cup.

That is exactly why I didn't watch a single match of that tournament. I love soccer but not that much. 😳

claws

America ruined Italian food, and Olive Garden is an abomination. Any truth to that?

I don't dine at restaurants very often, but when I do, it is usually Greek or Thai.
Is it October yet?

Rev. Powell

Quote from: claws on June 21, 2024, 06:08:45 PMAmerica ruined Italian food

Not at all, Italy still exists and makes its own wonderful food.

Quote from: claws on June 21, 2024, 06:08:45 PMand Olive Garden is an abomination.

Abomination may be too strong, but OG is not very good.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Leah

Quote from: claws on June 21, 2024, 06:08:45 PMOlive Garden is an abomination
I usually call it Olive Garbage, and I don't remember if I got it from Mad Magazine or not.
yeah no.

zombie no.one

toss up between chinese/japanese stir fry (rice based or noodles based)

and italian... pizza, or pasta dishes.

have been a chef in 2 different chinese restaurants. got to make myself a free meal on every shift  :drink:

specific food: lemon cheesecake, which is the ultimate dessert.

also the best chips/fries ever were Wimpy fries... sadly no longer a chain
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

Trevor

Quote from: zombie no.one on June 24, 2024, 06:48:59 AMalso the best chips/fries ever were Wimpy fries... sadly no longer a chain

Wimpy still exists in South Africa and the chips / fries are still good 😊😊😋

zombie no.one

Quote from: Trevor on June 24, 2024, 07:12:08 AM
Quote from: zombie no.one on June 24, 2024, 06:48:59 AMalso the best chips/fries ever were Wimpy fries... sadly no longer a chain

Wimpy still exists in South Africa and the chips / fries are still good 😊😊😋

QuoteOn 27 February 2007, Famous Brands, which owns the Wimpy franchise in South Africa, announced that it had acquired Wimpy UK. Having acquired the brand, Famous Brands has rebranded Wimpy in the United Kingdom, to bring it in line with Wimpy South Africa. The "new" logo is the one that had been used by Wimpy UK from the 1960s until the 1980s. In November 2009, Famous Brands began to upgrade its 170 locations in the United Kingdom to resemble United States-style diners. As of December 2023, 64 restaurants remain in the United Kingdom

interesting, apparently I'm wrong and there are 64 wimpy's in the uk, but none near me...

however yeah south africa appears to be Wimpy HQ. enjoy your chips :smile: 
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???