Main Menu

movies that feature arm-wrestling?

Started by zombie no.one, May 28, 2024, 02:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie no.one

even if it's just one arm wrestle.

there's that scene in THE FLY (1986)
https://youtu.be/HLWYk9HufmE?si=OAaRwFM2iwbpxT2q

There's Sly Stone's 2nd best film after COBRA (thus sayeth me), OVER THE TOP (1987)

and there's the fantastic(ly bad) HANDS OF STEEL (1986)

any others? even a brief shot of an arm wrestle going on counts..

Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

LilCerberus

Yentl
Personal Best
Harley davidson and the marlboro man
Moving Violations
Time Bandits
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Alex

Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

zombie no.one

Quote from: LilCerberus on May 28, 2024, 03:11:17 PM
Yentl
Personal Best
Harley davidson and the marlboro man
Moving Violations
Time Bandits

nice... are we on our way to 100 here  :teddyr:
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

claws

Revenge of the Nerds (1984)

If you are familiar with Bud Spencer movies, he did a couple.

I'm for the Hippopotamus (1979)

They Called Him Bulldozer (1978)

Is it October yet?

zombie no.one

Quote from: claws on May 28, 2024, 09:33:00 PM

They Called Him Bulldozer (1978)

I can see why...

zombie no.one

edit. Oh You Guy...?

zombie no.one

what is going on, lol

feel like I'm having to modify my replies to keep up with the replies being deleted.

LilCerberus

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

claws

Quote from: zombie no.one on May 29, 2024, 10:15:54 AM
what is going on, lol

I thought Alex was joking with The Fly, so I joined and added Hands of Steel and Over the Top.

Alex deleted his post, so did I. I also think Trevor deleted a post, but not sure.

I get a feeling some people just don't read the opening post  :buggedout:
Is it October yet?

retrorussell

Cool Runnings (1993)
One of the bobsledders tries to raise money for their Olympic hopes by arm-wrestling.
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

zombie no.one

Quote from: claws on May 29, 2024, 11:05:53 AM
I get a feeling some people just don't read the opening post  :buggedout:

it's all good, I'm guilty of this sometimes too

Quote from: retrorussell on May 29, 2024, 01:39:47 PM
Cool Runnings (1993)
One of the bobsledders tries to raise money for their Olympic hopes by arm-wrestling.

I swear I've started to watch this film 3 or 4 times but always get distracted or something happens that means I don't finish it

lester1/2jr

zombie no.one

Quote from: lester1/2jr on May 30, 2024, 12:57:33 AM
an unbelievable thread

wait until page 4, we'll be livestreaming the official badmovies arm wrestle tournament...

I'm in training right now, being coached by international arm wrestling grand master Steven Seagal

retrorussell

Not sure if this counts as it's an "interactive" animated movie, but here goes:
SCOURGE OF WORLDS: A DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ADVENTURE (2003)
Pretty darn cool for its time, though the computer animation is not always impressive (especially the battle scenes).
A scene involves the hero Regdar arm-wrestling a barbarian woman.
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."