Main Menu

Late Night with the Devil (2023)

Started by claws, April 24, 2024, 02:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claws

Not seen yet, but the trailer is pretty cool. Getting mostly good reviews and has a bit of a forum/social media buzz. Anybody seen this?
Is it October yet?

Trevor

Quote from: claws on April 24, 2024, 02:05:27 AM

Not seen yet, but the trailer is pretty cool. Getting mostly good reviews and has a bit of a forum/social media buzz. Anybody seen this?

I haven't seen it but from what I've read, it sounds a lot like the 1992 movie GHOSTWATCH in a way.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Alex

Looking out for this one. I might have to subscribe to Shudder to get to see it.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Rev. Powell

Yes, it's a lot of fun. Recommended.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

zombie no.one

literally the first trailer since THE BABADOOK that's actually made me want to watch a new film.

(ended up not liking BABADOOK much though)
please do not mock my potato.

M.10rda

BABADOOK may be best @ trailer length.  :smile:

Cult_Moody_Movies

Watched it last night (even took the day off from work to go see it in the theater), I enjoyed it with only minor nitpicks (normal flaws with found footage type movies) however the WNUF Halloween Special is a superior film.

Neville

I'm a bit on the fence with this one. It caught me off guard how well the filmmakers mimicked the late night tropes, and the acting was great. However I thought the climax fell a little short.
Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.

Alex

I enjoyed it. Didn't feel that it quite lived up to the hype but I did think it was worth my time watching.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

M.10rda

Quote from: Neville on June 11, 2024, 01:45:17 PMI'm a bit on the fence with this one. It caught me off guard how well the filmmakers mimicked the late night tropes, and the acting was great. However I thought the climax fell a little short.

Agreed. They could've left things more implicit.

zombie no.one

Quote from: M.10rda on June 13, 2024, 07:13:57 PMThey could've left things more implicit.

haha, my reaction to 99% of films nowadays

what's that phrase... "no one ever went broke by underestimating the intelligence of the general public"... probably true, but no one ever got critically acclaimed for it either!

M.10rda

Well, I dunno about that either... I think some filmmakers have caught acclaim for condescending to their audiences. I agree w/ you that it happens more often than I'd like, even in good films. I liked SALTBURN more than many people, I gather, but I would've liked it more if the writer/director had spared us some unnecessary overexplication in the last 5 minutes. For my money, most horror movies and thrillers could definitely benefit from more discretion in their exposition.......

zombie no.one

maybe they need to take a leaf out of the giallo school of making the killer a character you didn't even remember was in the film, and their motive incomprehensible  :teddyr:

M.10rda

I don't hate that approach. It's realistic, if nothing else...

MauriceNorton

It's not the first time I've heard about this movie. Is it really good?