Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Powell

Quote from: zombie no.one on July 05, 2024, 07:20:50 AM
Quote from: Alex on July 03, 2024, 08:32:07 AMI know because of the kind of Visa Kristi had when she came over, she wasn't able to get a job until she had full citizenship, however she could still work cash in hand jobs. Might be worth looking into casual jobs like that. I know people who have started up house cleaning, window washing, private secretarial work, care etc.

this person does occasionally get a bit of washing up jobs in cafes, however (a) they pay her well below minimum wage - because I guess they can get away with it?, and (b) they are often horrible to her. bullying etc! pretty crazy

My nephew is a head chef, he hired an Indian student to work in the kitchen. He knew the kid from a previous job and knew he was dependable, which can be rare in the restaurant industry. My nephew actually drove to pick him up in another state and set up temporary housing for him. But neither of them knew his visa didn't allow the kid to work away from his college town full time while school was out of session, unless the bureaucracy grants him an expanded visa, which he's applied for but can take months to process. So the kid's stuck here with no job and no income right now. I hear he's looking for a under the table job in an Indian restaurant. 
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

zombie no.one

well that sucks... seems there are some really foul and counter-productive regulations when it comes to this kind of thing.
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

Alex

Does she have any qualifications that would allow her to transfer to a skilled worker visa?
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: Alex on July 05, 2024, 08:48:17 AMDoes she have any qualifications that would allow her to transfer to a skilled worker visa?

I assume you're asking zombie? For my Indian guy, that's not applicable, it's a student visa.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Alex

Quote from: Rev. Powell on July 05, 2024, 08:49:59 AM
Quote from: Alex on July 05, 2024, 08:48:17 AMDoes she have any qualifications that would allow her to transfer to a skilled worker visa?

I assume you're asking zombie? For my Indian guy, that's not applicable, it's a student visa.

Yeah it was Zombie I was asking. I know a little about UK immigration and visa's but nothing about US ones.

The cheapest options I know of would be a Seasonal or Care Worker which come in somewhere over £200, but also require a sponsor. The care worker one might be the easiest to get since that sector is crying out for people to come work in it.
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

zombie no.one

doubt she has any qualifications but that's interesting anyway, prob worth looking into further, will mention it
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

Alex

At a very quick look she could also try the following which may be able to help:

https://ro-eehub.org.uk/

http://www.romanianculturalcentre.org.uk/about/

There will be other organisations out there that can help. From what you've said I missed out the lawyers she'd need to pay for. We have almost a million unfilled job vacancies in the UK right now. We should be sticking people arriving in our shores in them, not trying to send them off to Rwanda.
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

zombie no.one

Quote from: Alex on July 05, 2024, 11:02:36 AMAt a very quick look she could also try the following which may be able to help:

https://ro-eehub.org.uk/

http://www.romanianculturalcentre.org.uk/about/

There will be other organisations out there that can help. From what you've said I missed out the lawyers she'd need to pay for. We have almost a million unfilled job vacancies in the UK right now. We should be sticking people arriving in our shores in them, not trying to send them off to Rwanda.

:thumbup:

chainsaw midget

I'm getting old.  I went for my latest eye test and they recommended bifocals. 

Alex

Had a player tonight fumble (roll a 1 and automatically miss) 3 times in a row tonight (odds are 1/8000).
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

Leah

Quote from: Alex on July 12, 2024, 04:05:40 PMHad a player tonight fumble (roll a 1 and automatically miss) 3 times in a row tonight (odds are 1/8000).
Monday we had those goblin creatures again rolling damage...and they kept damaging themselves.
yeah no.

Leah

I have done something completely silly, I have dyed my hair in the color jade.
yeah no.

Zapranoth

Quote from: chainsaw midget on July 06, 2024, 07:04:28 AMI'm getting old.  I went for my latest eye test and they recommended bifocals. 

Ah, summer's child.  Trifocals here, but I am not old.

Trevor

Quote from: Leah on July 13, 2024, 05:46:15 PMI have done something completely silly, I have dyed my hair in the color jade.

Sounds fine to me 😊😊
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Trevor

Getting my underpants sorted for a trip on Friday and no, I know they stand up by themselves but I'm not going to fall over them 😁😳😉
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.