27. Paint
28. Children of the Corn (2020)
29. Fear the Night
30. Assassin Club
31. The Naughty Nine
32. After Death
33. Carmen (2022)
34. Dear David

I guess I underestimated the cinematic importance of The Pooh, and the 2020 Children of the Corn remake.
Is it October yet?

Trevor

Marlowe is another one I could add.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Rev. Powell

ASTEROID CITY is, I think, a bad choice, since it's clearly a personal dislike of the person who chose it. IMDB rates it 6.6, which is about average, and it's 75% on Rotten Tomatoes. I'll be nominating it for one of the best of 2023.

claws likes these kind of lists, so here's IMDB's worst movies of 2023 (minimum 4.5K votes, includes Bollywood and other international titles):

1. Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey
2. The Black Demon
3. Adipurush
4. Blind
5. The Ritual Killer
6. Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan
7. Best. Christmas. Ever!
8. Knights of the Zodiac
9. Peter Pan & Wendy
10. Shehzada
11. After Everything
12. Pet Sematary: Bloodlines
13. O.Baby
14. Fool's Paradise
15. Thank You for Coming
16. Tin & Tina
17. The Exorcist: Believer
18. Expend4bles
19. The Strays
20. Maybe I Do
21. 97 Minutes
22. Veera Simha Reddy
23. The Retirement Plan
24. Meg 2: The Trench
25. Last Sentinel
26. Run Rabbit Run
27. There's Something Wrong with the Children
28. Clock
29. Locked In
30. White Men Can't Jump
31. Asterix & Obelix: The Middle Kingdom
32. It's a Wonderful Knife
33. My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3
34. Magic Mike's Last Dance
35. It Lives Inside
36. Simulant
37. Gadar 2
38. Ganapath
39. Dream Girl 2
40. Kabzaa
41. Naga
42. Retribution
43. Last Call for Istanbul
44. Beautiful Disaster
45. Hidden Strike
46. Bird Box: Barcelona
47. Vacation Friends 2
48. Silent Night
49. Freelance
50. 65
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Gabriel Knight

I've seen RETRIBUTION last week and I thought it was alright, not sure why everybody's hating it so much. Standard Liam Neeson fare with car chases and explosions, cool special effects, well acted, short and straight to the point.

I enjoyed it way more than big-budget garbage like NAPOLEON, for example. At least RETRIBUTION knew how to respect my time and limit itself to just provide a moment of entertainment, instead of trying to be pointless Oscar bait.
Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2

claws

Quote from: Rev. Powell on December 30, 2023, 09:43:20 AM

claws likes these kind of lists, so here's IMDB's worst movies of 2023 (minimum 4.5K votes, includes Bollywood and other international titles):

The thing is we will probably never see any of these low rated Bollywood movies. According to IMDb rules, a movie must have at least 10,000 votes to be included in their 1000 lowest rated movies. So far, 15 titles from 2023 made it into the list, with only three of them from Bollywood.
Is it October yet?

bob

ya  -- Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey is clearly the worst of the movies from last year

it's some how getting a sequel  :buggedout: :buggedout: :buggedout:
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Alex

It did make a lot of money compared to its budget. Then again, when you start from a low base it is easy to show a big increase.

I do wonder how the comparatively larger budget sequel will perform? Given how dull the first one was I am happy to give it a miss.
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

Cult_Moody_Movies

Quote from: bob on January 01, 2024, 05:55:09 PM
ya  -- Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey is clearly the worst of the movies from last year

it's some how getting a sequel  :buggedout: :buggedout: :buggedout:

Let's be honest....we have all seen worse slashers. The Wild Eye Releasing films trumps this 10X over in terms of horrid, unwatchable and low budget fair. 

FatFreddysCat

The only movie on that list that I've seen is "The Mother" and I didn't think it was that bad. I've certainly sat through worse.
Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Alex

Quote from: Cult_Moody_Movies on January 02, 2024, 07:31:04 AM
Quote from: bob on January 01, 2024, 05:55:09 PM
ya  -- Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey is clearly the worst of the movies from last year

it's some how getting a sequel  :buggedout: :buggedout: :buggedout:

Let's be honest....we have all seen worse slashers. The Wild Eye Releasing films trumps this 10X over in terms of horrid, unwatchable and low budget fair.  

Honestly, I'd have to say I have never seen a worse slasher than Blood & Honey. I've seen a lot of cheaply made slasher movies (especially through the 80s), but none that even come close to the sheer dullness going on in that one.
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

Ted C

I am surprised that I don't see Cocaine Bear on any of these lists.
"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits

M.10rda

I thought the same, Ted C - but it does have a large and vocal fanbase.

Honestly THE FLASH was the surprise for me on the original list. (I haven't seen ASTEROID CITY yet.) I have to think it's superhero cinema malaise and anti-Ezra Miller backlash over any sober evaluation. Not to say it's the best film of the year either but it's neither the worst new movie I've seen this year (far from it) nor even the worst superhero movie...

chainsaw midget

Quote from: Alex on January 02, 2024, 06:40:49 AM
It did make a lot of money compared to its budget. Then again, when you start from a low base it is easy to show a big increase.

It's budget was something like fifteen bucks, so say it made more than that isn't saying much. 

Alex

Quote from: chainsaw midget on January 13, 2024, 01:57:52 PM
Quote from: Alex on January 02, 2024, 06:40:49 AM

It's budget was something like fifteen bucks, so say it made more than that isn't saying much. 

I am not 100% sure, but I think the figures were that it made £5 million against a £250,000 budget. The sequel I think I read is getting a £1 million budget, but will it do as well in % terms? I don't think so myself, but stranger things have happened.
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.