Main Menu

Amicus Studios to return.

Started by Alex, August 13, 2023, 12:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMerchant

Quote from: claws on August 15, 2023, 11:49:35 AM
Quote from: RCMerchant on August 15, 2023, 11:29:08 AM
They didn't produce films.

FVI produced and co-produced: Grizzly (1976), Day of the Animals (1977), Search and Destroy (1979), The Dark (1979), The Visitor (1979), Kill or Be Killed (1980), Kill and Kill Again (1981), The Incubus (1981), Texas Lightning (1981), Pieces (1982), They Call Me Bruce? (1982), The Pod People (1983), Vigilante (1983), The House on Sorority Row (1983), Mortuary (1983), The Power (1984), Alley Cat (1984), and Mutant (1984).

Ok, now what?

My bad.

Ah- those movies were mediocre at best, that's what.
Why you would want that tripe to return is beyond me, when we got so much made for streaming tripe on Tubi now.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

chefzombie

Quote from: RCMerchant on August 14, 2023, 09:18:23 PM
Without Christopher Lee or Peter Cushing? And without producers and screenwriters Milton Subotsky and Max Rosenberg? It will be in name only, I'm afraid.

give it a chance, please. new stars are born every day.
don't EVEN...EVER!

zombie no.one

Quote from: RCMerchant on August 15, 2023, 05:04:06 PM
Quote from: claws on August 15, 2023, 11:49:35 AM
Quote from: RCMerchant on August 15, 2023, 11:29:08 AM
They didn't produce films.

FVI produced and co-produced: Grizzly (1976), Day of the Animals (1977), Search and Destroy (1979), The Dark (1979), The Visitor (1979), Kill or Be Killed (1980), Kill and Kill Again (1981), The Incubus (1981), Texas Lightning (1981), Pieces (1982), They Call Me Bruce? (1982), The Pod People (1983), Vigilante (1983), The House on Sorority Row (1983), Mortuary (1983), The Power (1984), Alley Cat (1984), and Mutant (1984).

Ok, now what?

My bad.

Ah- those movies were mediocre at best, that's what.
Why you would want that tripe to return is beyond me,

ooooh. hmmm. arrr. well... PIECES, and DAY OF THE ANIMALS are stone cold badmovie classics imo. VISITOR and HOUSE IN SORORITY ROW are solid. I akso have a soft spot for MORTUARY being Christopher George's last ever film (I think), plus it's grown on  me a bit too

just my 2 cents not trying to stoke flames...

POD PEOPLE is utter crap tho  :bouncegiggle:
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

RCMerchant

PIECES I like. DAY OF THE ANIMALS is good if only for Leslie Neilson's stellar performance. The rest- blah.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

zombie no.one

Quote from: RCMerchant on August 16, 2023, 01:55:33 PM
DAY OF THE ANIMALS is good if only for Leslie Neilson's stellar performance.

he is such a nasty guy in that film... pure evil!

it also has the most 1970s 'person falling to their death' scene, in the whole of the 70s   :buggedout: :teddyr:

https://giphy.com/gifs/shudder-shuddertv-day-of-the-animals-3o85xzKTMhygFsx4T6

this gif will not embed, grr
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

Trevor

Kill and Kill Again has the first use of what the Wachowskis called "bullet time" in The Matrix 😊
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Rev. Powell

I'm not excited for this, but I'm open to being pleasantly surprised.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Alex

Well, the picture certainly seems to have the right tone.
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

zombie no.one

cool pic... looks authentic.

expectation levels raised 0.03%

Alex

Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

zombie no.one

Interesting,.. seems it will be a portmanteau (yay) - also referenced Steve coogan's tv show DR TERRIBLE'S HOUSE OF HORRIBLE, which was very underrated I thought. The episode called AND NOW THE FEARING was the Amicus tribute in that, not the whole series like the guardian article states. (It was also 2000s, not 90s... tsk!)

M.10rda

Quote from: RCMerchant on August 16, 2023, 01:55:33 PM
PIECES I like. DAY OF THE ANIMALS is good if only for Leslie Neilson's stellar performance. The rest- blah.

I gotta' jump in to rep for THE VISITOR, THE INCUBUS, VIGILANTE, and MUTANT.

Alex

The kickstarter looks to have raised almost twice the target fund level.
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.