Main Menu

ALL IN THE FAMILY: A television show that I love and argue with at times.

Started by Chris K., July 08, 2001, 10:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Burgomaster

I'm a big fan.  I ordered "The Complete Series" from some shady DVD company online, but it was missing the final 3 seasons!  I sent it back and got a refund . . .
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

the ghoul

All in the Family was definitely a great show in its time. The humor was very in tune with what was going on in the 70's, but the show seems very dated to me now for that very reason.

I don't care to watch it very much now.  It hasn't withstood the test of time for me as much as the sitcoms of the 60's whose humor wasn't so much linked to the politics of the era.

I can watch "Green Acres" all day long, but I don't care to sit through even one episode of "All in the Family." 

I actually find the show depressing to look at now for some reason.

JaseSF

The series still airs in reruns on Dejaview up here in Canada. I recall several episodes that made me just about bust my guts laughing - the one where Archie goes to the hospital for an operation and ends up with a black doctor and a blood transfusion from a black person, the one where Archie dreams himself in Hell, the one where he signs an organ donor card and another in an hospital where Edith stumbles upon a Playgirl magazine. The worst episode though has to be the Attempted Rape of Edith two-parter...I also didn't care much for the Mike & Gloria pretend to be still together for Christmas episode.
"This above all: To thine own self be true!"