Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilCerberus

I wonder how many kids learned to load a machine gun magazine from their PEZ dispensers.....
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

zombie no.one

Quote from: LilCerberus on August 19, 2024, 04:23:53 PMI wonder if there's something a person could do that's so stupid, that it would convince approaching zombies that the potential victim has absolutely no brains at all, whatsoever.....

the thing is, if they succeeded, it would actually be a clever move.

so it would have to be a bluff of some kind.

I'd probably wear an "I'm With Stupid" t-shirt, but one where the arrow is pointing upwards. bound to convince 'em. if not, then who cares I'm obviously a zombie anyway, and we never eat our own kind (except for that scene in CANNIBAL ZOMBIE BRAIN EATERS)
Quotethe movie was cringe, corny, cheesy and "what the biscuits" is with this atrocious acting and childish corny thing of a movie???

lester1/2jr

Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway fund has a historically high amount of cash vs stocks and gold is at record highs. It is the end of the US era? BRICS are nibbling at our heals

Leah

Some online self diagnosis shows that I'm on the autism spectrum, and that..... doesn't scare me tbh, it's just me trying to know more about myself.
yeah no.

Trevor

Quote from: Leah on September 08, 2024, 09:18:00 AMSome online self diagnosis shows that I'm on the autism spectrum, and that..... doesn't scare me tbh, it's just me trying to know more about myself.

I also took a test like that about 2 years ago and the result was similar to yours.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

claws

Quote from: Alex on August 22, 2024, 01:09:48 PMI wonder if David Daradan will have the worst epitaph of all time?

I asked ChatGPT about this, and this is the answer:

QuoteDavid Daradan's epitaph might not be something people widely know, as it's not a widely recognized name in popular culture or historical records. However, if you're referring to someone specific or using "David Daradan" as a hypothetical example, the concept of the "worst" epitaph is subjective and can vary widely depending on personal opinions.

An epitaph often reflects how a person is remembered, and its impact can be shaped by:

Personal Humor: An epitaph meant to be humorous might not always land well with everyone, but it can be memorable in its own right.

Legacy and Accomplishments: The context of someone's life and achievements often influences how their epitaph is viewed. A simple or seemingly negative epitaph might not reflect their full legacy.

Cultural and Social Norms: Different cultures and societies have varying standards and expectations for epitaphs. What seems inappropriate in one context might be perfectly acceptable in another.

Ultimately, the "worst" epitaph might be one that fails to capture the essence of the person it commemorates or one that is seen as overly negative or dismissive. But, as with all things related to personal legacy, it's deeply subjective and can vary based on individual perspectives and cultural contexts.
Is it October yet?

Alex

Quote from: claws on September 09, 2024, 01:08:05 AM
Quote from: Alex on August 22, 2024, 01:09:48 PMI wonder if David Daradan will have the worst epitaph of all time?

I asked ChatGPT about this, and this is the answer:

QuoteDavid Daradan's epitaph might not be something people widely know, as it's not a widely recognized name in popular culture or historical records. However, if you're referring to someone specific or using "David Daradan" as a hypothetical example, the concept of the "worst" epitaph is subjective and can vary widely depending on personal opinions.

An epitaph often reflects how a person is remembered, and its impact can be shaped by:

Personal Humor: An epitaph meant to be humorous might not always land well with everyone, but it can be memorable in its own right.

Legacy and Accomplishments: The context of someone's life and achievements often influences how their epitaph is viewed. A simple or seemingly negative epitaph might not reflect their full legacy.

Cultural and Social Norms: Different cultures and societies have varying standards and expectations for epitaphs. What seems inappropriate in one context might be perfectly acceptable in another.

Ultimately, the "worst" epitaph might be one that fails to capture the essence of the person it commemorates or one that is seen as overly negative or dismissive. But, as with all things related to personal legacy, it's deeply subjective and can vary based on individual perspectives and cultural contexts.

I am going to hazard a guess that it doesn't know who it is.
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

Alex

This whole mouse not working thing is really starting to p**s me off.
Hail to thyself
For I am my own master
I am my own god
I require no shepherd
For I am no sheep.

Leah

My Pathfinder's session tonight has been a bit frustrating with my dog and my niece being nuisances.
yeah no.

Leah

Gotta say Hurricane Francine is the weirdest hurricane I've been through.
yeah no.

Trevor

Quote from: Leah on September 11, 2024, 09:54:05 PMGotta say Hurricane Francine is the weirdest hurricane I've been through.

Be safe in all that, please 🙏🐢
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Leah

Quote from: Trevor on September 12, 2024, 02:08:41 AM
Quote from: Leah on September 11, 2024, 09:54:05 PMGotta say Hurricane Francine is the weirdest hurricane I've been through.

Be safe in all that, please 🙏🐢
I'm safe, I just don't have power at my house.
yeah no.

RCMerchant

This place is f**king dead, man.  :bluesad:
I checked the Classic Horror Film Board, and there's so many pop-ups, it freezes the computer. That site is pretty dead too.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

ER

^I can't help thinking the new format here removed the feel of an old familiar place, and it's no longer the same. I don't like it, and haven't since minute one. I have no idea but if that hadn't happened maybe it'd be less "dead."
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

RCMerchant

I have no problem with the new board. I think it looks great. Just been really boring. Mebbe it's just me loosing interest....I dunno.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant