|Copyright 1978 Troma Films
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Master Sardu - Scrawny sado-masochist who trains female slaves and wants to put on a real theater production. Eaten by savage women.
- Ralphus - Midget with a fro! He uses a blowgun to subdue victims then dances. Unfortunately joins Sardu in the wanton women's stomach.
- Natasha DeNatalie - Prima ballerina of New York, kidnapped by Sardu to star in his ballet.
- Tom - Natasha's boyfriend, professional football player. Brained by her.
- Creasy Silo - Film critic who mocks Sardu. Kicked to death by Natasha.
- Sgt Tucci - Corrupt cop who looks like the cartoon character "The Critic." Also eaten by the crazy gals.
- A Horde of Nude Women - Don't you just love a movie with these?
|This lovely bit of early Troma (They must have purchased the rights to it.) is extremely disturbing, not only is it 90 minutes of nude women running around but half the time they're getting chopped up in some manner. Sardu and Ralphus kidnap girls from the streets of New York City and then train them to be submissive slaves for wealthy clients. Have you ever seen a girl getting direct current through her nipples? It doesn't look fun. This is also one of the few, maybe only, films where a midget uses a girl's severed head to perform oral sex on himself! Well here's the plot: the master sadist runs a theater where they "pretend" to kill women for the audience. Unfortunately for Natasha he wants to do a real production with a talented artist... ...so Ralphus kidnaps her and Silo, which attracts the attention of Tom and Tucci. The cop just keeps blackmailing everyone and on opening night of the performance he demands payment from Sardu to keep the lid on. All heck breaks loose when the feral women Sardu couldn't train go on a rampage - eating Sardu, Ralphus, Tucci, and some others. Hardly a film for the whole family but it should be very popular among high school and young college dudes.|
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Sadistic midgets carrying hacksaws are really bad news.
- Woman slaves are shipped to the far east via regular mail all the time.
- Lincoln Center's dressing room is poorly lit and unguarded.
- Sadist's use naked girl's backsides for dartboards.
- Mass nudity can improve any movie.
- Chainsaws sound just like electric knives.
- In any movie where you CONSTANTLY hear meowing a cat should be in evidence, could not find that damn cat for the life of me...
- Chaining critics to marble pillars and having ballerinas kick them to death is pure art.
- Police brutality is hardly an issue with masochists.
- Just so you know, around every five minutes - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 17 mins - 500 volts to the nipples must suck but it's the amps that get you...
- 25 mins - This guy is a football player? He has the physique of a margarine stick!
- 37 mins - Hmmm, a naked blonde and the best thing he could come up with is drilling a hole in her head? Kill him please... ...thank you.
- 41 mins - Two naked women fighting to eat an ear while a midget dances in the foreground?
- 48 mins - She's being "racked" but the chain isn't getting any tighter and I can stretch better than that.
- 75 mins - Now, I do not know ballet from trash, but this is trash. Oh, hey! Now she's nude, nevermind...
- 83 mins - Who needs to see face? This camera angle is just fine with me.
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Ralphus: "She's dead, master."
||Sardu: "Are you ready to accept my domination?"
||Sardu: "How's the fillet? Tender? You're eating one of my trainees that didn't quite work out."
||Phone: "This is the New York City Police Department's emergency number 9 1 1. There is no one in at the moment, you are listening to a recording. At the sound of the beep leave your name, telephone number, a short description of the crime, and the perpetrators."
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Please, oh please never let some crazy sadist torture me with a cymbal bashing midget.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #17. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by cyril
Not much to say except, I have a strong stomache. I love fun gore. I like Cannibal Ferox, Cannibal Holocaust & Emanuelle In America for instance. This is the only film I have ever watched that has left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll let you'all figure out why. I hate censorship, so I encourage you to see this film, I just don't necessarily want to know if you like it. The end.
Reply #18. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by
I watched this movie when I was in high school in the mid-1980s. I watched it with friends and to this day if you ask one of us if we watched it we will deny it. My favorite part though, is the phony-ass football helmet the supposed pro quarterback uses. Try Sears catalog, page 254...$12.99. This movie scarred me in much the same way "Truth or Dare" did.
Reply #19. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by fab1
And again Ralphus. As written in an interview in a german magazine, Herva (from the TV-series Fantasy Island) was first planned to play his role. But he wanted some extra money for his flight-ticket .Louis de Jesus was already there and so he got the role instead.
In the interview Joel M. Reed also said, that deJesus has done some porn movies after Blood Sucking Freaks , as he was told.
This movie was for a long time not (or hard) to get in europe because it wasnīt released here. But now we even have german version. Iīve seen the movie the first time in a spanish version and didnīt understood a word, but
I donīt remember Night of the Zombies (Schreckensmacht der Zombies)very well, but, has anybody seen Joels first movie "Career Bed"?
(Interview with Joel M. Reed in:Splatting Image Nr. 19/1994)
Reply #20. Posted on February 27, 2002, 02:39:03 PM by Brother Ragnarok
Could have something to do with the fact that we saw this one a five in the morning on zero sleep and caffiene induced heart murmurs, but what a steaming load. Woof.
Reply #21. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Gweneth
Who needs a plot when you have a horde of naked cannibal women, a sadistic cymbal-bashing midget, and butt darts? Now that's entertainment!! Viva la Troma for remastering this classic. Oh, and Mr. "the porno years of the 1970's is over", (ARE over! ARE, dagnabbit!) I have three points to make. Point A: Bloodsucking Freaks was released in 1978. Point B: It is my understanding that the adult film industry is doing quite well these days. Point C: In order to avoid looking like a jackass, one should do one's research before spouting off opinions. Thank you, and have a lovely day.
Reply #22. Posted on December 01, 2002, 08:37:21 PM by Geekpit
I work with a lot of guys and we all have multiple computers. To keep them straight we name them. My two are Sardu and Ralphus. I just wanted to mention that.
Reply #23. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Evan
(sigh...) Where to start. I read the review on this movie a few years ago and rented it. I sat watching this movie thinking that it should probably be illegal. Not only does it show shameless simulated murder that I liken only to snuff films of the 80's (maybe this the lost Faces of Death movie renamed), but the guy who played Sardu was utterly terrible. I was truely disturbed after watching this and just stared in disgust as the screen went black. (I still retch when I think about it.)
The only saving grace in this movie, and the only reason that I would reccommend even renting it for a couple hours, is of course Ralphus! There's just something about a little person with a fro in a horror flick dancing around joyfully as someone is slaughtered. It's a mixed emotion kind of thing. On one hand... how disgusting. On the other hand there is an urge to laugh at the whole situation which actually makes me feel a little uneasy.
Watch this flick! It's a clasSICK! Anyone ever think that maybe combining Rocky Horror and Ralphus would be at all entertaining? OH GEEZE! NO! NO! NO! That's just wrong! The visual of Frankenfurter and Ralphus is even more disturbing than this film! Forget I mentioned it PLEASE!
Reply #24. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by The Doctah
First and foremost. Anyone who wrote a review on this board WITHOUT seeing this classic and judged it badly should be tortured and drilled in the skull. My cousin and I are THEE biggest fans of BloodSucking Freaks (aka The Incredible Torture Show). Big props to the other biggest fans in the world (especially the guy who named his dog Ralphus)! There is a rule to this film that my cousin and I realized.
See it once: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!!
See it twice: It was intriguing enough to find out why we watched it in the first place.
See it three times: Ohhhhhhhh, I get it now. It's a classic.
From then on, when you see this film you pick up new things all the time and spot stuff you didn't in the previous viewi ng. The script is brilliant comedy in the likes of sick Marx Bros. humor. It's a scenario that could really happen, especially in NY. The acting is phenomenal (mainly Seamus O'Brien in an Oscar-worthy performance). I can't say too much for the others, but everyone adds to the film. Lastly, I want to thank the imagination of Joel M. Reed for changing my life drastically and opening my mind to creativity. You don't have to be a genius to be creative. Remember that.
Lastly, what's up with the two black women who along with Ralphus, work for Sardu. They never get any props. Who are they? Thank you for reading this and I hope the close-minded open their minds to this cult classic. Seamus O'Brien R.I.P.
|Pages: 1 2  4 5 6 |